Sunday 14 May 2017

Face Off Concert

Face Off Concert- Friday 


Where I´m from, Trinidad and Tobago, I am accustomed to setting up intimate musical sessions at Legacy House- My father´s home and studio, so it was water off of my back when I was asked by Manuel Caballero the Museum Director to assist setting up for a small performace by the group Face -Off.
It seems like the Spanish and Trinis have something in common, they are always a bit late, thus the show started about 20 mins after the time it was supposed to.
Nonetheless, the three performers including a female singer, guitarist and drummer/guitarist were nothing short of spectacular. The concert was held in one of the   first floor gallery rooms which was set up quite intimately and sat about 20 persons neatly.
The group sang about 10 peices, five of which were in english and thouroughly enjoyed by its audience and myself who stood in the background singing along happily because they sang songs I really love.
My favourite was their rendition of ¨Ironic¨ by Alanis Morissette.
Another wonderful highlight  of the evening for me was being introduced  to Amalio´s daughter  Maria Jose and Director of Fundacion Pintor Amalio. She spoke no engligh but was quite lovely!






No comments:

Post a Comment

THEATER on THE ROOFTOP

THEATER on THE ROOFTOP In addition to the running exposition at Fundacion Pintor Amalio , the Foundation hosts several events throu...